Hi Marcie,  I was sorry to read about the passing of your  Father.  You and
your family are in my thoughts.

David (Greenie) Greenberg
Fort Myers, FL.
Club member #48

In a message dated 1/12/2015 7:59:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wa2...@gmail.com writes:

Hi Marcie,

My deepest condolences on the passing of your father. My father taught me
a long time ago that every day is a good day no matter what happens except
if  someone that you love passes away. The age of a person isn't as important
as  what that person did in his lifetime. And from what everyone knows
about you I  think that he did a wonderful job of bringing you up. This
especially shows by  what your Rabbi said. It is quite obvious about the
conversations your father  had with him. And yes, I know all about how parents
feel
when their children  have to go through cancer. It devastated both of my
parents. Our Rabbi would  sit down and console both of my parents so I know
exactly what your Rabbi did  for your father.

After my bone marrow transplant I decided to write a book. I never
published it nor will I ever but I only share it with some people mostly that
have
been going through CML.

Here is a small part of it that mentions my Rabbi.

Rabbi and Mrs. Gerald  Sussman
I first contacted the rabbi  that came to visit with me several times, and
say some very extraordinary  prayers for healing. I already knew him from a
temple that I had joined  several years prior to my illness. His name is
Rabbi Gerald Sussman, and he is  the kindest man that I ever met. He is also
married to a lovely woman named  Bonnie, and they have several children. By
the way Bonnie had also gone  through Leukemia and is doing well today.
In a way I was somewhat  embarrassed all of those years prior to me
becoming ill because I would hardly  attend services that he offered at his
temple.
When I mentioned that I would  like to come to one session of his service
and give my speech he was  delighted.
I had always asked him if he  would be kind enough to say those same
prayers that he said for me, for anyone  that I knew was ill. He of course
agreed,
and not only for any people of the  Jewish religion, but anyone that was
ill no matter what faith they were. He  would even speak with them, and that
led him to knowing almost everyone I was  involved in helping.
About two years later he  would present me with the many letters he
received from them. He also without  me even knowing it, invited them to attend
his
temple and listen to the speech  I would be giving.

18's,

Marty

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 10:59 PM, 'Marcie Goodman' via  CMLHope