A-okay.  Working with my ONC is what I have been doing since Feb. 2002.
This is a second round for me.  At 5 1/2 years I been through this on 400mg
Gleevec for 6 months..  This time from Nov. 2014 I am on 300mg Gleevec.  I
have been on and off Iron pills 65mg and also Procrit. I get my medicine
with the VA and they require that I see a cancer doctor there.  The
consults are forth coming all the time.  My counts are almost zero, so was
hoping I could back off the Gleevec again (last time I was off 6 years).
Now this has shown up early to contend with.  Yes, I have already started
planning when I will go back on iron pills 1st and if my counts don't
stabilize before I get to RBC 9 then I will have a shot of Procrit to
take.  I did have transfusions last time that would bring me up above 11. 3
weeks later when RBC was below 8 I would repeat procedure.

Richard H.