Hi Jeanie,
I have had four previous strokes, all due to trying the four other meds that
are out.  With gleevec I had two strokes while I was on it that were minor.
The docs were not convinced the gleevec caused it, but I was!  Then 2 years
after being off all drugs for cml, I had a major stroke which at first left my
eye frozen, and damaged hearing, along with balance problems.  Thankfully,
those things all went away after 3 months.  I am most blessed.  Then each other
pill I tried, (all 3 others) I had a symptom of stroke almost immediately.
(bad eye bleed, frozen eye like the big stroke).  They could only find
cavernous malformations in my brain to lend itself to such easy bleeding.
About 9 months ago I went back on the last drug, bosulif, because my numbers
were getting pretty high after 7 yrs of no meds at all.  I started with 100 mg
of bosulif, which is very low. The usual dose is 500 mg.  When my numbers went
up just a little after being in remission, the docs suggested I go to 300 mg.
I agreed only to 200 mg.  So this time, I had doubled my dosage, and 10 days
later, had double vision and severe nausea all afternoon right when we were
sharing Christmas with my son and whole family on the 26th.  I wasn't sure
about it, I thought it might be all the sugar I ate, as I am diabetic.  So
decided just to hit the bed for the evening so as not to ruin their visit.
Kids left next day. Then on Wednesday, continuing the double vision somewhat, I
vomited.  The docs had all said one more symptom get to the e.r., so I went.
Sure enough, the ct scan showed 4 new blood spots in four different parts of my
brain. (that was a new one, usually they were all in same place.)  Luckily very
little was affected this time, halleluhiah!

Long ago the statistics used to be only 1% had brain bleeds, i.e. strokes from
these medications.  I am one of the 1%.  Don't know if the figures have
changed, but one thing I do know.  None of you need to worry about this
happening to you.  My father died of a brain aneurysm, so apparently I'm prone
to it.  But I know I'll only go when it's His timing, not my own!  I'll keep
plugging and try to keep a joyful heart until then!  Definitely planning on
enjoying my retirement.

18's and love,
Susan Z