Hi Richard,

There is a lot to discuss here... First what is your Creatinine level
(clearance) ?

Here is an article about it.

 Creatinine clearance is a widely used value to estimate the Glomerular
filtration rate (GFR). GFR equals the sum of the filtration rates in all of
the functioning Nephrons; thus, the GFR gives a rough count of the number
of functioning Nephrons.

Decrease in Creatinine clearance indicates decreased GFR and impaired renal
function. This can be due to conditions (example:progressive renal disease) or
can result from an adverse effect of renal Hypoperfusion, which is often
reversible, and can result from drug effects, Hypotension, volume
depletion, heart failure, and shock.

Increased Creatinine clearance is often called Hyperfiltration and is
usually seen during pregnancy or in patients with diabetes mellitus before
diabetic Nephropathy (clear has occurred. It may also occur with large
dietary protein intake or with plasma volume expansion.

I know that this sounds very complicated but i did get to know it quite
well and have done quite a bit of research on it not because i wanted to
know but i had to know.

My kidneys failed because i had CML more then 27 years ago and had to
undergo a bone marrow transplant at that time. I was warned just before
that since this was a basically a new type of treatment but it really
wasn't known for it's involvement in CML, at least not yet. I remember that
they were trying to use it for Russian woman who had advanced breast cancer
at that particular hospital that i ended up having a successful BMT in.

However as I found out there were some other things that i would have to
deal with decades later. Kidneys and eyes don't like Chemotherapy and
especially Total Body Radiation. Eyes will probably get Cataracts, but no
big deal with that because they can do a simple procedure to put you back
to getting your vision corrected.

However the kidneys are a different story. So i strongly suggest that you
or anyone else that that may suspect any kidney problems find a qualified
Nephrologist and he or she could make a real difference in your life. I
know because this all happened to me.

Now i am very happy to be hearing from you because you mentioned that your
Creatinine level is getting better. That's really great news๐Ÿ‘‹