After seventeen years on Gleevec, and considered "in remission," my
oncologist asked me if I would like to stop taking Gleevec.
At first glance, this sounded spectacular but then she said:
"you'll have to come in once a month to be tested."
After deep thought (about twenty seconds), I said, "Talk to me about this
again in ten years."
Has anyone else stopped taking Gleevec after years of being "in remission?"
 If so, how's it going?
What has changed in your life?  Have any of the obvious physical
side-effects (leg cramps, blood in the whites of your eyes, swollen eyelids,
abdominal fat) retreated or been reversed?
I'd appreciate any information other CMLers might have.
Best to all.