I've replaced the entire fuel system except the tank. I think it's
aluminum. I did free it once to lift it up so I could see underneath. No
noticeable corrosion.
New fill hose, vent, lines, racor and polishing filter.

Last year the attendant at a marina I was at accidentally filled the tank
with diesel! The marina paid for a waste disposal truck to come down and
pump the tank out. Then we put about 10 litres of gasoline in and pumped
that out too. I like to think I got a free tank cleaning ... they paid for
the fill, dinner, a night at the marina and a LIMO (to take us to dinner).
Yeah, they made good on their mistake, and then some.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto