I used to put 2 gallons of gasoline in my old Mercedes 300D per tank of diesel
in the winter.

Joe Della Barba

j...@dellabarba.com

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Martin
DeYoung via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 5:45 PM
To: Burt Stratton; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List A4 engine problems

>> Better diesel in your gas tank than the other way around! <<

I have been told that up to 10% gasoline in a large (>25 gal) diesel tank would
still be OK to use.  I picked this up when discussing diesel truck refueling
issues.  I friend of mine with a fleet of diesel trucks panicked when he looked
down and noticed he stuck a gas nozzle into his diesel tank.  He paid for a tow
and to have the tank drained and cleaned.  Afterword’s we discussed the event
and he thought he had put in 5 to 10 gal of gas into a 40 gal tank.

I recommend you check your engine owner’s manual before paying $$ to pump out a
diesel tank with a few gallons of gasoline added.

Martin

Calypso

1971 C&C 43

Seattle