Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 22:23:20 +0000
To: bushma...@aol.com; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List 34 offshore
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com

Hi Brent,
I've always felt offshore capabilities of various boats depended more on the
skipper than the boat.  Look at what Slocum took around the world.    Now they
are crossing ocean with rowboats.

I've always been a fan of Finnistere, the S&S 38ft centerboarder that won
Newport to Bermuda race several times and also did some long cruises
http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=5663
I should think a C&C 34 CB known to be tender, could still be handled in most
conditions, and the shoal draft should be great for the shallows areas.
Call me crazy, but I also think your 27 MkV could be trailered to Florida in
1/10th the time and sailed to the islands just fine.  Pick your weather and
window and go.

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R