Brent — the few times I’ve crossed the Gulf Stream to/from Bimini and the
Bahamas, we motor-sailed.  Partly because the winds were light or right on the
nose (going over); and partly because you DO NOT want to be stuck drifting
around in the middle of the Gulf Stream if the weather turns.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis