I did mine with a 2" holesaw, completely from the outside and was done in minutes.

Bill Bina

On 12/10/2015 3:27 PM, William Walker via CnC-List wrote:

Eric,
Do it.  Missed seeing you this summer.
Bill Walker
Evening Star

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 Eric Frank via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

A question about removing a depth transducer to install the new one. Based on earlier input from the list, I have used a 2 inch hole saw from the top. Fortunately the diameter of the old transducer is just shy of 2 in and the new one requires a 2 in hole. So the body of the old transducer just fits inside the hole saw, keeping it lined up with little drag (not cutting much of the plastic body of the transducer). When the inside top of the hole saw reached the top of the transducer, I then cut off the top half of the transducer so I could proceed drilling down. Now the hole saw just touches the hull, but the inside top of the hole saw hits the top of the transducer, so I will need to saw off the next section of the transducer to proceed further. With my tools, not so easy to saw off the transducer just above the hull. Question: what about drilling down thru the transducer with a regular drill bit, using the pilot hole made by the drill bit in the hole saw, and then, using that hole as a guide, use the hole saw to proceed up from the outside of the hull. This would avoid cutting thru more of the transducer (a pain), and the pilot hole should guide the hole saw. Sound OK, or better to continue from the top? Thanks as always for your input. Eric Frank Cat's Paw C&C 35 Mk II Mattapoisett, MA _______________________________________________ Email address: CnC-List@cnc-list.com <mailto:CnC-List@cnc-list.com> To change your list preferences, including unsubscribing -- go to the bottom of page at: http://cnc-list.com/mailman/listinfo/cnc-list_cnc-list.com