Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 08:19:11 -0800 (PST)
From: svpegasu...@gmail.com <svpegasu...@gmail.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List depth transducer replacement

    I have drilled many a large hole that way. Works great.?
    Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 just west of Ballard, WA.

------ Original message------From: Eric Frank via CnC-List Date: Thu, Dec
10, 2015 12:20To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com;Cc: Eric Frank;Subject:Stus-List
depth transducer replacement
A question about removing a depth transducer to install the new one.  Based
on earlier input from the list, I have used a 2 inch hole saw from the top.
Fortunately the diameter of the old transducer is just shy of 2 in and the
new one requires a 2 in hole. So the body of the old transducer just fits
inside the hole saw, keeping it lined up with little drag (not cutting much
of the plastic body of the transducer).  When the inside top of the hole
saw reached the top of the transducer, I then cut off the top half of the
transducer so I could proceed drilling down.  Now the hole saw just touches
the hull, but the inside top of the hole saw hits the top of the
transducer, so I will need to saw off the next section of the transducer to
proceed further.  With my tools, not so easy to saw off the transducer just
above the hull. Question: what about drilling down thru the transducer with
a regular drill bit, using the pilot hole made by the drill bit in the hole
saw, and then, using that hole as a guide, use the hole saw to proceed up
from the outside of the hull.  This would avoid cutting thru more of the
transducer (a pain), and the pilot hole should guide the hole saw. Sound
OK, or better to continue from the top?Thanks as always for your input.Eric
FrankCat's PawC&C 35 Mk IIMattapoisett,
address:CnC-List@cnc-list.comTo change your list preferences, including
mailman/listinfo/cnc-list_cnc-list.com