My boat also has the limber holes that allow the settee lockers to drain to the
bilge.  They were there when I bought the boat.

My boat also only has the manual bilge pump in the cockpit.  I always planned
to install an automatic bilge pump but never needed it.

For the most part my boat is dry.  While I sometimes get water in the bilge, it
is barely enough to be drawn by the bilge pump.  I've noticed water droplets on
the inside of the hull below the toe rail, and at times there was salt residue.
 So I always thought that water splashing on the foredeck would get under the
toe rail as it flowed aft and and drip down the inside of the hull.  It also
was apparent that there would be more water in the bilge after a heavy
rainstorm.  I've never tightened my toe rail bolts.  It's on that list of
things to be done.

Curious about putting the toe rail of a C&C 25 in the water.  I know it's not a
desirable state of sailing, more of a mistake.  But I've never seen the toe
rail of my boat in the water, and I've had the boat heeled as far as 40
degrees.  (I wouldn't have believed that number had my friend not got a photo
of the compass.)  I've put the toe rail of a Pearson 26 in the water, I know
what it looks like.  The C&C 25 is not all that stiff.  I'd say the Pearson 26
is stiffer.  So what is the difference?  The beam, the freeboard, the shear, a
combination of all of them?

Mark
C&C 25 Mk 1
Mattapoisett, MA

Message: 1Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 23:15:53 -0400From: "Rick Brass"
<rickbr...@earthlink.net>To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C
25 leakMessage-ID: <000a01d1a420$f054e7e0$d0feb7a0$@earthlink.net>Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="utf-8"

My 25, a MK1 HIN 225, has been very dry for the 22 years I?ve owned her. So dry
I don?t have a bilge pump except the OEM hand pump in the cockpit sole, and I
dry out the bilge with a sponge every 6 months or so. Maybe I?m just lucky.

But on my boat there are small limber holes (maybe ?? diameter) in the bottom
inside seam of the lockers under each settee. And that makes me want to ask if
your bilge is dry when you take the boat out for a sail?

If I had water in the small bilge of the 25, and sailed at an extreme angle of
heel (she is fastest with only 15-18 degrees of heel in my experience), some of
the water would migrate from the bilge to the lockers.

I find it hard to envision spending enough time with the toerail in the water
to get water ingress through the hull to deck joint, and a leak between the
deck and toerail would let water in during a rain storm.

Rick Brass

Imzadi C&C 38 mk 2

la Belle Aurore C&C 25 mk1

Washington, NC

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Sailnomad
via CnC-ListSent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 5:05 PMTo: cnc-list@cnc-list.comCc:
Sailnomad <sailno...@gmail.com>Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 25 leak

I have the same problem too, but it is in the bilge, and does not seem tn be
related to heeling or sailing.

Ahmet

Winthrop, MA

C&C25 "Tabasco"

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Mark McMenamy via CnC-List