From: BillBinaList via CnC-List<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: May 8, 2016 10:14
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: BillBinaList<mailto:billbinal...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Battery Posts

The Trojans I've seen have  a threaded hole in the top of the post.
There is a double ended threaded lug that goes in that hole and then you
use a wingnut to secure the cable. Marine battery cables generally have
a simple lug terminal that goes over a threaded terminal and is held
with a wingnut. Any auto parts place would have what you need.

http://www.delcity.net/store/Straight-Copper-Lugs/p_810730

http://www.trojanbattery.com/product/t-105/

Bill Bina

On 5/8/2016 9:33 AM, Stevan Plavsa via CnC-List wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I replaced my 2 x group 24 batteries with 2 trojan T-105 golf cart
> batteries. I didn't consider the posts when I purchased the batteries
> and now that they're on the boat I realize that the battery cables
> won't work with these batteries. I had made considerations about size,
> space, load etc but not the actual physical properties of the posts.
> (I made cardboard mockups and they fit just like so)
>
> Anyway, I need an adapter like this:
> http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mLLQIF_sRVx-dY8oMZ0k15Q.jpg
>
> 1. what the heck is that called?
> 2. where can I get them?!!!
>
> I have found a lot of suppliers that sell the "male" version of that
> but I need it just like in the photo. Unless I'm missing something -
> which is entirely in the realm of possibility.
>
> I don't have the tools to crimp new lugs onto the cables nor can I
> remove the cables from the boat to have it done. They are very nicely
> routed through the boat and that's a whole can of worms I don't care
> to open.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
> Suhana, C&C 32
> Toronto

> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!