From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Stevan
Plavsa via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:32 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Stevan Plavsa <stevanpla...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Battery Posts

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, I'll have to wade through some of those links you
guys sent. Regarding the crimping of cables:

The battery cables are routed through the quarter berth, engine compartment, to
the battery switch which is not easily accessible. So, I'll have to do some
boat surgery just to get at the switch in order to disconnect the battery
cables, then remove them from the boat which would take I estimate, about a
day. No kidding. I relearn the lesson of budgeting time appropriately for boat
work every time I think I'm going to get something done quickly, it's never
quick and the list of things that really need to be done, is long. The past two
weeks I worked six days each and managed to launch the boat, step the mast and
get three garden beds in at the house. I am not a person who has a lot of time
on his hands.

I appreciate that you guys are recommending the "right way" to do this, but I'm
comfortable with the adapters. They are threaded, and not going anywhere - just
like the nuts that are recommended. I've always found the clamp style battery
connectors to be secure and that's how the boat has always been.... for 36
years now. The laws of physics haven't changed though I appreciate that
standards have, and that's fine. One day I'de like to embark on the rewiring
project but that's what it's going to be: a project, not a "spring prep" task.
Ideally, those projects take place in the off-season so that they don't eat
into precious sailing time.

The boat is 1.5 hours away. That's three hours of driving (on a good day,
traffic around here is hell) just to fetch the cables never mind the amount of
work involved in removing them. Sure, I could buy new ones, but I still have to
remove the old and install the new.

So, I'm looking for the adapters. I'll dig through all the helpful posts once I
have time to breathe.

Thanks,

Steve

Suhana, C&C 32