From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Joel Aronson
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 13:04
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Joel Aronson
Subject: Re: Stus-List Keel bolt weeping

Barbara,

Jake and others have dealt with this.  I think the first step after she is
hauled is to torque the bolts.  If they are loose, that could be the problem,
but you won't know until you launch.

Joel

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Barbara L. Hickson via CnC-List
Hi Listers,
  I'm having trouble searching the archives for info on the possible repair
scenarios for a keel bolt seeping seawater.  It's not much, just slightly
weeping.  I know this has been written about extensively but not finding it on
this forum.  The worst case scenario is the keel must be dropped and rebedded
and I know someone on the list has done this before.  What is the bedding
compound of choice?  Is there any other, as in cheaper, scenario that's viable?
 The tops of the bolts and their nuts look in good shape and there's no
rust/corrosion on what I can see.  It's the part that I can't see that I'm
nervous about. I will get the boat hauled to better check it out and look at
the options, but considering her age (she turns 40 next month), have to
consider the options. I don't have the pockets to get emotional about this. One
of us weeping is plenty! Thanks for your help.
Barbara L. Hickson
Flight Risk, '76 C&C33-1
Charleston, SC

Joel