+1 on the SH GX2200.  I installed a couple and the owners love them.  I
have a SH GX2150.  Nice VHF.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd like a wireless remote mike.  I have the wired
RAM mike and love it.  It's definitely not going over the side.

AIS is nice but no substitute for radar and a diligent watch.  IMHO the
vessels that have AIS transmitters aren't as dangerous as Bubba party barge
or butt floss express cruiser without AIS.

Dennis C.