From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Hoyt, Mike
via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:31 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Hoyt, Mike
Subject: Stus-List Kanzaki transmission oil change

HI

Persistence has Yanmar 3GM30F with Kanzaki KM3P transmission.  The filler and
dipstick cap is accessible on the top and I think there is a drain plug on the
side somewhere that is far less accessible.  My current thoughts are that I
should be able to drain the transmission oil from the filler/dipstick opening
using an oil removal pump in the same manner as I drain the engine oil.  I am
thinking the vacuum style oil change pump with a long enough hose to make
access relatively easy

Is this a common practice and would it work?

Mike

Persistence

Halifax, NS