don't forget foot pump at the galley sink if you have one.. winterizing the
pressure water system won't get to it.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 Jeremy Ralph via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

Here in the Pacific NW (Vancouver) we're getting freezing weather now, which
rarely happens.  Many people keep a small ceramic heater running in their
boats, but what if the shore power goes out?

Here is what I did last week to prep:

1. Run 2QM20 raw water cooled engine under load for 20min to warm it up.  Stop
engine.  Close seacock. Open sea strainer. Start engine. Pour RV antifreeze
into the sea strainer.  Stop engine.  Close sea strainer.

2. Drain fresh water holding tank system.  Run RV antifreeze through the pump
and faucet.

3. Put RV antifreeze in the head and pump into empty holding tank.  Run
macerator enough to get antifreeze in lines.

4. Put RV antifreeze in the bilge

What do others do?  Any tips?

Thanks,

  Jeremy