From: "Rick Brass via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Rick Brass" <rickbr...@earthlink.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:34:39 AM
Subject: Re: Stus-List freeze proofing

There is a bypass port in the thermostat housing that allows a limited amount
of water flow through the engine block and cylinder head prior to the
thermostat opening. This is to prevent getting localized hot spots while the
engine is warming up. So some of your antifreeze gets into the block so long as
the engine is running.

Are you sure it is a 2Qm20? I have a friend with a 1983 C&C 29-1. It has the
original engine in it, which is a 2Gm13F. I had the impression that the QM was
a replacement for the GM.