From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of David Knecht
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2017 10:27
To: CnC CnC discussion list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: David Knecht <davidakne...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Rewiring Universal starter/glow plug/alternator

Hi Josh- My plan at present is to not do quick and dirty.  I plan to eliminate
the ammeter circuit, remove the internal alternator regulation (I have that
conversion kit already), and then run the alternator directly to the batteries.
 I am still unclear on the functionality of the multi-stage voltage regulators
vs. ACR’s.  I would have to put in a voltage regulator of some sort if I remove
the internal regulation, but I am not sure whether one also needs an ACR.  Dave

PS- no one has answered my question about the rationale for draining the water
heater.

Dr. David Knecht
Professor , Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of Connecticut
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
U-3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125