Dave,

If your water tank is 6 gal capacity and you don't drain or push out
(compressed air) water, you would need more than 6 gal to displace the water
(more like 10-12). If you are not doing it and if your water heater is still
functioning, it only means that the temperatures are (were) not low enough to
freeze whatever is left in the tank. One of the problem with the antifreeze is
that if it is diluted, its antifreeze property very quickly deteriorate, so you
don't want to have a diluted AF in your system. The fact that what comes out is
pink does not mean that it is not diluted.

Since we do have low temperatures (below -20 °C; well below 0 °F), my procedure
involves draining the water (if you can drain into the bilge, it is easier;
otherwise you have to pump it out); using the compressed air to "flush" the
water from the tank (and of course, from all the piping) and then filling the
system with AF and again pushing the AF out using compressed air. One of the
best additions that helps me with winterising the system is the water heater
bypass (two Y valves and a connecting hose); you can get one on Amazon or from
your local RV dealer. This allows me not to put any AF into the water heater.

One word of caution: as far as I know, if you leave any AF in the water heater
and you heat it up (e.g. by running the motor); the AF may solidify into a pink
cotton - it would be pretty impossible to remove it from the water heater.

Marek
1994 C270 "Legato"
Ottawa, ON