From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bruce
Whitmore via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:05 PM
To: C&C List
Cc: Bruce Whitmore
Subject: Stus-List Sealing fixed portlights / windows, 1994 C&C 37/40+

Hello again everyone,

Our C&C 37/40+ has a minor leak or two through the fixed portlights windows.  I
have read up on the removal & re-installation process, and many seem to be
recommending the VHB tape and Dow 795 sealer approach (or similar).

I would like to seal the fixed portlights in place without replacing them for
now.  While they are showing some crazing, and I intend to eventually replace
them (say in 18 months or so), in the short term I simply want to stop all
leaks so that we can prevent any further staining of the teak.

Does anyone have a recommendation as far as doing this?  Should I simply
attempt to carefully mask the fiberglass & plexiglass on the exterior and apply
a bead of Dow 795?

Would it be better to apply a thin layer on the inside?

Or, am I guilty of wishful thinking?

Thanks!

Bruce Whitmore

(847) 404-5092 (mobile)