The full locker should not have been a factor, if the cooling system is
functioning properly.  I had to motor 45 miles one hot August day. Could only
go 4kts (1400 rpm) with the lazerett open. To keep the horn from sounding, i
watched the yemp guage and kept it at 200-204deg. The horn and light came on at
212deg. Found out my heat exchanger tubes were over 50% plugged. I cleaned them
using muratic acid, and a long 1/8 drill bit to clean out the tubes. This
solved my over heating problem.  If the engine is overloaded (or too much prop
pitch) this can also lead to the engine running hot. Throttling Back 50-100 rpm
will help this.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE DeviceDoug Mountjoy POYC Pegasus (for sale)Lf38
Significant Other LF39
-------- Original message --------From: Doug Welch via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 7/9/17  07:17  (GMT-08:00) To: syerd...@gmail.com
Cc: Doug Welch <doug.we...@rogers.com>, cnc-list@cnc-list.com Subject: Re:
Stus-List Separation between locker and engine 33-2
We took a week and headed east (Trentport and back) and gradually loaded up the
locker. Motor sailing on the return leg from Trenton to Cobourg the engine
overheated. Fortunately the wind gods took pity on us and the wind piped up. We
sailed for a couple of hours while the motor cooled. My wife sailed while I
checked the impeller. It was in perfect shape. We unloaded the locker and the
motor ran fine on the rest of our return to Frenchman's Bay. I think the
overloading of the locker contributed to or was the cause of the overheating.
My wife thinks we sucked up some weeds (we used the small boat channel going
from Trenton to the Murray Canal). I am going to be more careful with what I
place in the locker. I am still going to get more storage with the partition I
installed but am going to avoid putting things like fenders, my code 0, etc. in
the locker that will restrict air flow.
Long windy entry but I do have a few questions for the group
My engine panel seems to a warning light for high temp that doesn't work. Do
these lights work? (assuming the bulb works)
Do you think the overheating was caused by filling the locker?

Has anyone installed additional ventilation in the locker? It seems like it
would be relatively easy to install a vent and perhaps a small 12v fan to keep
the air moving
Dave,    We ended up overnighting at the marina the Thursday before Canada Day
and was just down the dock from you. Your boat is looking good.

Cheers, Doug WelchCeltic Knot85 33-2 c/b

    On Sunday, June 25, 2017 9:07 PM, "syerd...@gmail.com" <syerd...@gmail.com>