Many of us have gone with stainless steel handrails.  I had mine custom
made by whitewatermarine.com they turned great.  If you remove the old ones
first and send them with a cardboard template of each side you can better
guarantee the results.  I don't think I have any pictures but will probably
be able to get some a little later today.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD