I find my Furlex furler gets hard to wind the sail in when I have the jib
halyard fully tight.  If I ease the Halyard a couple of inches, it turns much
easier.  It is one more step when dousing the sail, but my halyard leads aft to
the cockpit so it isn't a huge issue.
I also suspect the furler need servicing which I will do when the mast comes
down this fall.
Chuck Gilchrest
S/V Half Magic
1983 35 Landfall