From: Danny Haughey <djhaug...@juno.com>
To: "Dennis C. via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Bcc:
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 16:28:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Stus-List Harken Roller furler

forgot to mention, no halyard restrainer.  the sheave is right behind the
headstay, where the halyard exist the mast

On 8/9/2017 3:42 PM, Dennis C. via CnC-List wrote:

Mark has identified two  probable culprits.

Drop the sail and flush both the swivel and the drum.  Flush liberally with
water from multiple angles.  Spray some McLube in both if you like.  It's
optional but a good idea.

While the sail is down, inspect, as best you can, all the joints in the
extrusion, if anything looks amiss, investigate it further.

Next, from off the boat, sight the furling line where it enters/exits the
drum.  It should be very close to perpendicular.  If necessary, reposition
the forwardmost furling line block to achieve perpendicular.  The furling
line should move up and down as it feeds on the drum.  If it coils in the
top, move the block down.  If it coils low, move the block up.

As a last check, have a friend furl and unfurl the sail while you observe
the swivel and halyard from a distance with binoculars.

Do you have a halyard restrainer?

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA