I've had this (minor) issue over a year where we can't fully close the
v-berth door on our Landfall 38.

At first I thought it was just due to heat expansion of the wood in the
summer, but it started roughly after I tightened the main shrouds a couple
turns (due to masthead fall off in higher winds). And this winter when I
had the mast out for rerig I noticed the v-berth door closed fine.

Is this just normal flex for C&C's?  Anyone else had this issue?

It's binding at the door jamb and the lower right half of the door. I tried
to check the bulkhead to hull and deck joints, but it's hard to inspect
those much since they're covered by a permanent liner.

Releasing backstay tension doesn't help. So I suspect it's the fwd lowers
or main shrouds that flex the hull the tiny amount needed to squeeze the
door frame. I double checked that the tie rods are adequately tensioned and
there's no upward inflexion of the deck at the U-bolts.

The only thing I can think to do would be to sand down the lower half of
the door edge and revarnish it.

-Patrick
1984 C&C Landfall 38
Seattle, WA