Like Neil says, removing the tank is not difficult.  Last time I pulled
mine took less than an hour.  I needed to get to the strut bolts.

The concern is the elbow on the fill hose.  If you damage it, replacement
may be difficult.  Gates makes an elbow that can be cut to fit but you may
need a coupling or nipple to make it work.

If your fill hose is original, I STRONGLY suggest you replace it.  It is
well past its useful life.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA