Check the internal walls of your fuel line is not collapsing - had this on a
friends C&C 29 a few years back -

-----Original Message-----
From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Randal
Stafford via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2017 10:30 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Randal Stafford <randy.staff...@comcast.net>
Subject: Stus-List A4 Cutting Out

Listers-

I’m having a problem with my Atomic 4, and hoped you might have some thoughts
to share.

When I went out for a sail yesterday, she started right up, as always.  But
then she cut out heading away from the marina.  Initially I suspected a fuel
flow problem, as the petcock on the tank has become difficult to turn.  After
ensuring the petcock was in the open position and the tank was full, she
started right up again and ran smoothly for a good 10 minutes.  Then she cut
out again, and wouldn’t start back up after some cranking.  I sailed for a
couple hours anyway.  When I tried to start her to come back in, nothing
happened when I pressed the starter button.  I assumed my batteries didn’t have
enough amperage for the starter, after all the previous cranking, though my
other electronics were running fine.  So I docked under sail power, pulled the
batteries, and brought them home to charge.  They both tested at 12.7 volts and
83% charge when I put them on my charger.  Now they’re both at 100% and 12.9
volts.

So I now suspect a faulty ignition circuit, and possibly a faulty starter
circuit.  Perhaps a loose connection or broken wire is having the same effect
as pushing in the ignition switch.  I’ve yet to get into the lazarette and
start tracing the wiring and testing with a multimeter, but that’s my next
step.  I thought I’d write the list first to see if anyone has any quick
hypotheses.

Thanks in Advance,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine