Thanks Danny and Jim.  I registered on the Moyer Marine forum and will post the
question there as well.

I doubt I cranked it enough to hydro-lock it.  When it cut out the last time, I
cranked it twice for maybe five or six seconds each time.  Enough to suck fuel
through if necessary, but no more.  There’s no point in continuing to crank, I
figure, and risk running the batteries down.  If it won’t start in a few
seconds of cranking then something is wrong.

But I didn’t know about the hydro-locking potential.  I’ll change the oil and
pull the plugs and see what it looks like.

But even hydro-locking wouldn’t explain why the starter wouldn’t operate when I
pushed the starter button the last time and nothing happened.  I’m inclined to
suspect one or more faulty circuits.

Cheers,
Randy