I also have an e7D.  When I'm in the Bay that's all thats on board besides
my phone.  Offshore I add an iPad and laptop running OpenCPN with a GPS
dongle.  I have a RAM mount for the iPad at the helm so it can be swiveled
towards the skipper.  There is a charging port designed for motorcycles on
the binnacle guard to charge the iPad.

If there is a thunderstorm, the iPad, handheld VHF and phone go in the
microwave to protect them from lightning.  Redunduncy is good!

Joel

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>