I have it for 3+ years. Installed it right after I bought this boat.

The vent line burps water, mainly when you switch reverse/forward quickly (like
when docking). The harder you reverse, the more chance the water will burp
inside.

Initially I tried to run it high, but there wasn't enough room in the engine
room. Then I added a bottle. You can install a standard bicycle water bottle
(and a holder). You can install a barb fitting in the top of the bottle and
connect the vent line there. You will have to drain the water from the bottle
every so often. I did not like the idea, so the next step was to plumb it into
the sink drain. This is how it is now and it works well. You probably want to
have it plumbed reasonably high under the sink and you want to have the vent
line looping up from that T, so that any grey water coming from the sink cannot
drain through the PSS.

My boat is different, so it may not work for you. In my case the under the sink
cabinet is on the other side of a bulkhead from the engine (the overflow
coolant tank is there, as well).

If you are installing the PSS, add the retention ring. It is worth the extra
$30.

Marek

1994 C270 ”Legato”
Ottawa, ON