I agree.  We had/have three 26s on Carlyle and they're very good boats.  The
MacGregors are really poorly done and extremely lightly built boats.  I had the
21 as my first boat and comparing it to my next boat, a San Juan 24, was
comparing apples and oranges.It's like comparing driving a WW II jeep to a
Mercedes.It seems to me, that you should really look at the C&C 30-1.  While
not the greatest in light air for racing, it does move and it can really stand
up to a blow.  It responds well, doing exactly what you expect it to do.  There
were a lot sold, so easier to find and the prices quite frankly are way too
cheap.I would look for one with a diesel.Of course, I'm a bit prejudiced since
I sail one.If/when I step up, it would be the 35-2.  I raced/cruised on one and
it was great and a really beautiful boat to look at.RonWild CheriC&C 30-1STL

    On Thursday, January 10, 2019, 12:00:21 PM CST, Pete Shelquist via CnC-List