Hi Josh,

Just for fun I dug out an old textbook and estimate that a 1 1/4" through-hull opening about 3' and a bit below the waterline will allow 100-120 gpm into the boat.

The Rule 1200 gph hour is probably a lot less after discharge head and hoses losses are calculated into it.

If anyone is really worried about emergency pump I suggest a nice little gas powered pump. Of course it probably will refuse to start when you need it! :)

        Cheers, Russ