Getting excited about getting back on the water.
but...

I have a dumb question, and
I see there are other posts about the rudder squeaking, some were thinking the
same as was suggested to me locally, extend the fitting with a hose.

Can I be confident that the squeaking issue is simply a grease problem?
Should I be concerned about stains that look like old grease dripped down the
post housing?
I am posting a picture here. I assume this is my grease cap.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Na_wgHls_FKZ3TSl8GkxK7x5ObJPuvfU/view?usp=sharing

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Na_wgHls_FKZ3TSl8GkxK7x5ObJPuvfU/view?usp=sharing>

Does anyone know the fitting size and where I might get an extension hose and
proper fitting to extend this out?
Getting to the rudder post sucks. You have to take off the scupper hose at
least, so extending this is a good idea as suggested by others.

Sorry in advance, I feel stupid on this one. Is that cap supposed to open to
get grease into it? Or am I supposed to unscrew it?

Thanks

Ignorant as ever

Matthew Schlanger
The Office