Absolutely worth buying an impact driver.  I have a little Makita portable and
I use it all the time as an electric screwdriver and impact driver.  It is
especially good with stuck stainless screws in aluminum that I thought would be
impossible to loosen.  Has rarely failed where a standard driver would ruin the
slots.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT