Nice boat – somewhat different price point than the original 40, but very
tempting.

Weren’t you thinking of going to the dark side?

My wife and I looked around at trawler ads and found the following:
Right now really old trawlers are selling for close to twice what they sold for
a year ago.

Most of them have teak decks and iron fuel tanks. Replacing the decks is huge
$$$ and the tanks usually can’t be removed in one piece, you have to cut them
apart. If they haven’t been replaced they will need to be at some point.

The use a lot more fuel than you might guess. They are economical compared to
planning powerboats that get gallons per mile, but using Grand Banks for an
example a single engine version gets maybe 3-4 MPG and a twin maybe 2 or 3.

Docking them is harder than you might think. 95% of the time I need no help at
all docking and undocking my boat, but either inside or on a flying bridge you
have no access at all to any lines, so single-handed docking will be pain.

Joe Della Barba

Coquina C&C 35 MK I

Kent Island MD USA