I guess that Stu will have to kick half of me off the list. We have the “hobby
refit” C&C 37  and we now have a 34’ Lobster boat/Chesapeake Bay Deadrise
powerboat.

I enjoy the idea getting to Annapolis in hours as opposed to several days.
Heating and air-conditioning are nice amenities. Trips down the ICW to visit
friends in North Carolina are now on the table given that I’m only pulling 3’
6” instead of 6’ 8”.

We like to get friends out on the water for short, afternoon wine cruises in
the summertime and it is much easier to get takers when there is an aft cockpit
with shade and chairs and the boat doesn’t heel.

Sure, there’s always the noise from the diesel but when cruising at 8-10 knots
it’s not bad. Running at cruising speed of 15-16 knots is a different issue.
Fuel consumption at 9-10 knots is around 4.4 GPH and at 16 knots it is 8.6 GPH.

I like just being out on the water, no matter what type of vessel.

Regards,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
1998 Mast & Mallet Thomas Point 34 - Katana
Reedville, VA

Sent from my iPad