From: Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 9:49 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Checking the list

My sailing season ended the night of May 17 when we got 12 inches of localized
rain in 2 hours.  A short time later the Admiral, Lexie the cat crew and I were
sitting on the bed watching stuff float through our bedroom in 18 inches of
water.  A few days later after loading two roll off dumpsters full of saturated
carpet and pad, drywall, insulation, furniture, appliances and a lot of
memories, we had a mostly empty house with some patio furniture and a bed.  A
few weeks, two large commercial dehumidifiers, lots of fans, portable heaters
and a good moisture meter and we had a dry house.

We've installed new drywall, textured it, painted it and replaced all the door
trims, baseboards, etc. that were removed during the drying process.  Waiting
on flooring now.

Bottom line, if you think refurbishing/rebuilding a boat is work, try restoring
a flooded house while you're still living in it.  I haven't seen Touche' in
weeks.

--

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83