You can get 240v out of 120v. But you need 2 separate circuits. Like in your
house. At the club we have the 50 Amp boats plugging into 2 separate pedestals
on 2 separate main breakers. Not sure I explained that in the best manner.
Lol.Doug Mountjoy sv Rebecca Leah C & C Landfall 39Port Orchard Yacht Club
-------- Original message --------From: Peter Fell via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 7/21/23  20:40  (GMT-05:00) To: Stus-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Peter Fell <prf...@gmail.com> Subject: Stus-List
Re: Shore Power Adapters. There is no such thing. You cannot convert 120V to
240V (or 115V to 230V .... it is not 125 / 250) in a pigtail format. To get
240V out of 120V you would have to use a step-up or isolation transformer. $500
to $1200+ for a marine use model (and I expect a lot of them need much more
than 30A). What I described to you is exactly what you asked for, except of
course the '250' volt thing, which as I said does not exist.
Thanks for your help.
Stu