Yes!  This is the problem I had a couple years ago at the same club, I got
a newer Marinco adapter that takes two 125V Male and combines them into
250V Female (
https://marinco.com/en/p/RY504-2-30/Reverse-Y-Adapter-2-30A-125V-Males-to)
, but this newer adapter has a smart sensor at the wye that can apparently
sense that they are on the same Phase - so those two plugs were apparently
on the same side of one phase, and it doesn't allow anything juice through.
And thank you Ken H, for reexplaining that phase thing to me.  I guess I
did know once, but I forgot about that opposite phase. thing. I thought
there was some reason it wouldn't work.  So I know I could make up a 250V
plug that would have neutral where it usually is, and ground on the outside
ring, and 125 V of the same phase on both hot sides, I just don't know what
would happen to my Air Conditioner if I flipped that breaker on, and I
don't want to try - I *might*  have 120V power throughout the boat, but I
am guessing I wouldn't want to try to run anything that runs on 250V
When I use the 125V to 250V adapter, (
https://marinco.com/en/p/S15-504/Straight-Adapter-15A-125V-Male-To-50A) , I
believe it only energises one side of the system, as the outlets on the
port side do not work - but it is enough to get the battery charger to run,
and a fan. As for the 125V to 250V that mairnco sells for 'shoreside
batterycharging", I guess I could get a regular 30 Amp plug and just wire
one side to a 250V Female like the 'shoreside", but with an approved male
30 amp plug, not a household plug. I am just not going to magically  get
air conditioning  out of a couple same phase 120 volt pedestals.

Thanks again everyone,

Bill Coleman

On Sat, Jul 22, 2023 at 8:09 AM Doug via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> You can get 240v out of 120v. But you need 2 separate circuits. Like in
> your house. At the club we have the 50 Amp boats plugging into 2 separate
> pedestals on 2 separate main breakers. Not sure I explained that in the
> best manner. Lol.
>

> Doug Mountjoy
> sv Rebecca Leah
> C & C Landfall 39