Dip pole is easier and safer. I started using dip pole on my previous boat,
an Ericson 2-30, and until I stopped racing a year ago, I continued using
dip pole gybes  (mor than forty years of racing that way.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR

On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 2:03 PM cenelson--- via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Hey listers,
>
> My 1995 C&C 36 XL/kcb was originally set-up for dip-pole jibes using an
> aluminum pole and used the bayonet style fittings.
>
> After it disappeared from my storage location, I decided to go with a
> carbon fiber pole from Forte and fit it for end-for-end jibes since it was
> now pretty light (~11 lbs).  We used it that way but recently we decided to
> go with the dip-pole jibes with this pole. The consensus was that for this
> length boat, the dip pole was the way to go.
>
> However, I think this may be a carry over in thinking from the days when
> all poles were aluminum--at some pole length, such a pole length makes the
> pole too heavy to manhandle on the fore deck.My boat is sort of on the
> border at 36 feet (actually 35.5).
>
> Some local racers suggest using the end for end in light air and the dip
> pole when the wind is up. Of course then my fore deck crew has to remember
> how to do the dance with both methods!
>
> So what is the opinion of the listers--especially those who race AND use a
> kite?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charlie Nelson
> Water Phantom
>

> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.paypal.me/stumurray__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!vLy9cDYVbBfYmmXoJWhxc3FQMIjryeoEDvOz4hlVaHkmFd5kHAHalageGPaPW_6c3xI7pP0FOd3lmCY-4Rtc9T4$
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
Thanks for your help.