End for end using lazy sheets and guys when the wind gets up to 15 knots or
above on my boat.  That may vary depending upon the boat, especially the older
IOR designs, they can be very squirrely downwind.

Rod

From: Andrew Burton via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2023 8:05 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Andrew Burton <a.burton.sai...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Kite jibing--end for end or dip pole?

I favor end for end, too. As the boat gets bigger and wind pipes up perhaps
sheets and guys on each clew will help. But the main point (and I’m coming into
this chat late so I may have missed it), is it’s all on the helmsman. Just hold
the boat downwind until the gybe is complete. Unless you have to go straight to
a reach for tactical reasons, then just get the pole off quick and don’t worry
about reattaching right away; just gybe and let the new tack rest on the
headstay. Then worry about getting the pole on later.

Andy

Andrew Burton

26 Beacon Hill

Newport, RI