> On Oct 10, 2019, at 6:18 PM, Richard Charles via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>
> Just a guess but perhaps management had an awakening when they found the time
> and effort expended to write the next even better version of Finder in Carbon
> was substantially more difficult and costly that the prior Cocoa version.

The only Cocoa—>Carbon Finder transition I know of was before 10.0 shipped. The
development versions had a NeXT file manager with a Mac UI skin, but before
release that was replaced with a Carbon-ized port of (a subset of) the MacOS 9
Finder. That Finder lived on for a few years before being replaced by a new
rewritten Cocoa version.

—Jens