If you find that your application is displaying the test ad on a
non-development device after deploying to the App Store, then file a bug.

The App Store build of your application should not be seeing the test ad on
consumer devices. If you ran the App Store version of your application on a
development device prior to iOS 4.3, there are cases where you will
persistently see the test ad when you should not (on 4.3 or later this should
only happen if you run the App Store and development builds in rapid
succession). This should only occur on devices that you used for development of
that application (this includes any device that has ever run a non-App Store
version of the application).

So to summarize, this should work exactly as Conrad described it for your
customers. If it does not, file a bug.

--
David Duncan