Your first option looks better to me!
:-)

All I’m saying is that Objective C is a very mature language now and if it has
been able to get by without adding this extra layer of complexity, why
introduce it for an edge case to address a situation where people are expecting
it to act like C++?

Apple, after all is all about being simple and clean, and its language of
choice should reflect that because, after all, it’s the developers who create
the simple and clean.  In my opinion, Objective C is an embodiment of the Apple
attitude.

My favourite saying of all time is, “to a person with a hammer, everything
looks like a nail.”  Objective C is a screw, and you use a screwdriver on it,
nor a hammer.

As far as versioning issues from the same class in two bundles is concerned, if
the class works to spec, there’s no problem.  If it doesn’t, that’s a bug, and
wouldn’t the bundles have to be updated anyway?

Karl