Hi Mike,

Our products are a  video/audio editor  application and video effect plugins.
In both cases, our file formats (data block for plugin data) can store many
file references.  Our files keep references to file types such as quicktime
movies, audio files and text files as well as links to our program and bin
files.    We have been shipping products well before the introduction of
security-scoped bookmarks.  Our customers have very large libraries of edited
shows that they often go back  to edit or review.  The data for these programs
is often spread  across multiple disk volumes.

Another wrinkle to the problem: Users commonly wil move/delete and then restore
to the same or another disk the audio/video/image data while changing projects.
 One feature that  we provide that will also break under sandboxing is the
ability to scan the local and network drives to relink media the has been moved
or restored to a new location.

Marshall