On Mar 5, 2015, at 16:09 , Shane Stanley <sstan...@myriad-com.com.au> wrote:

> In the cell-based table, the table's (sole) column's Font Size is bound to
> the shared user defaults controller with a Controller Key of values and Model
> Key Path of tableTextSize.
>
> The buttons are in a radio group, with the Selected Tag bound to the same
> thing. (The two buttons have tags of 11 and 13 respectively).

Oh, I think I understand, finally. Then, yes, I would expect you to be able to
bind the text field’s Font Size to user defaults.

Are you sure that the user defaults are being maintained properly? Does
choosing from the radio buttons actually change the user defaults? Is the text
field size getting set “manually” from somewhere else (perhaps as part of the
standard behavior of this text field in a standard cell view)? Can you bind a
freestanding text field, somewhere else in the window, to the user defaults
font size?