Oops... that should have read "... wrapping it in an unresolvable URI
scheme..."

The point being that:

urn:doi:*
info:doi:*

provide no advantages over:

http://doi.org/*

when, per W3C TAG httpRange-14 decision you identify the URI as being a
Real World Object.  When identifying the HTTP URI as a Real World Object,
it is the same as what Mike said about the info URI that: "the identifier
describes its own type".

Andy.