We have been trying to enumerate serials holdings as explicitly as possible.
E.G., this microfiche supplement to a journal,
http://summit.syr.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?BBID=274291 shows apparently
missing issues. However, there are two pieces of inferred information here:

1) every print issue had a corresponding microfiche supplement (they didn't,
so most of these are complete even with the "gaps")
2) that volumes, at least up until 1991, had only 26 issues (that is
probably is true, but it is not certain) and there is no way to be certain
how many issues per volume were published with 1992 (28?, 52?)

v.95:no.3 (1973)-v.95:no.8 (1973
v.95:no.10 (1973)-v.95:no.26 (1973)
v.96 (1974)-v.97 (1975)
v.98:no.1 (1976)-v.98:no.14 (1976)
v.98:no.16 (1976)-v.98:no.26 (1976)
v.99:no.1 (1977)-v.99:no.25 (1977)
v.100 (1978)-v.108 (1986)
v.109:no.1 (1987)-v.109:no.19 (1987)
v.109:no.21 (1987)-v.109:no.26 (1987)
v.110 (1988)-v.111 (1989)
v.112:no.1 (1990)-v.112:no.26 (1990)
v.113 (1991)
v.114:no.1 (1992)-v.114:no.21 (1992)
v.114:no.23 (1992)-v.114:no.27 (1992)
v.115 (1993)-v.119 (1997)
v.120:no.2 (1998:Jan.21)-v.120:no.51 (1998:Dec.30)